I have decided to resurrect Southern Fried Weirdness as a temporary one-time ebook anthology to raise funds for The American Red Cross to support tornado relief efforts here in my home state of Alabama. I ask you to respond quickly should you want to be involved. I would like to have this formatted and ready to go next weekend in order to raise funds as soon as possible. My plan is to upload this to Amazon for Kindle, Smashwords, and Barnes and Noble hopefully within the next two weeks.
- Stories up to 5,000 words.
- Poetry of any length.
- Reprints preferred. Reprints of works previously featured in the various incarnations of Southern Fried Weirdness have preferential treatment.
- Format submissions however you want. I’ll reformat the text before going to print anyway.
- Genres: Any. I’d prefer stories with Southern settings with gothic, weird, or surreal elements, but it doesn’t really matter to me as long as the work is of good quality.
- Please take the time to edit before submitting. Due to time constraints, I will not have the same time for the degree of copyediting I would otherwise perform.
- No payment for works, unfortunately, as 100% of the proceeds will be going directly to charity.
- If you would like to submit, please send your stories/poems to southernfriedweirdness_at_gmail.com no later than Friday, May 6, 2011.
- Legal stuff in lieu of a more formal contract: By submitting, you assert that all works are your own, non-derivative, that you own all the rights necessary for me to print your work, and take full responsibility for the content of your text. I am asking for nonexclusive electronic rights to print your work.
Please spread the word.
Editor, Southern Fried Weirdness