It’s all been said before, but here it is: 2008. We’re living in the future, and there are still no flying cars…bummer.
I’m keeping my plans small this year. I bought a bottle of champagne to share with my wife after the kiddies go to bed. Hopefully, I’ll have surpassed the 40,000-word mark on my WIP.
Some New Year’s Resolutions (In no particular order with the exception of my #1)
1) Spend more time with family.
2) Continue to try new things with my day job to grow as an individual in ways which will hopefully have a positive impact with my coworkers.
3) Finish the trilogy I am currently working on. I’m roughly two-thirds to halfway through the second book, and hope to have the third book (or at least a solid rough draft) done by the end of summer.
4) I hope to sign on with a publisher/agent to get these books published.
5) Get back to exercising regularly.
6) To continue to expand Southern Fried Weirdness Online’s audience and make it more interactive.
7) To better market and advertise this year’s print anthology. To use what I have learned from this initial foray into the small press world to make next year’s anthology even bigger and better.
8) To attend a few conventions/writer’s conferences to network and better hone my craft.
9) Continue publishing short pieces of fiction in various markets.
10)Develop a time machine to add more hours to my days….